This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We re looking for a dynamic individual as a Lead Sales to assist the department manager with daily operations, including providing leadership and direction to the department and providing a high level of selling and customer service to American Girl guests.
* Support the retail sales manager in all business functions including, but not limited to merchandise management, business analysis, and staff development.
* Execute supervisory duties, including floor presentation visual standards, coaching and motivating staff, monitoring business and stock levels in the department, communicating with management, maintaining communication and coaching binders, preparing staff schedule for ensuring adequate floor coverage, motivating team members to meet or exceed sales goals, tracking sales performance analyzing results for management, and delegating responsibilities to the team to improve work flow and increase staff skills.
* Leads by example by delivering exceptional and engaging customer service to ensure an excellent guest experience.
* Fulfills responsibilities of the Manager on Duty by overseeing the sales floor and solving customer service concerns as they arise.
Experience, Education & Skills
* High School degree or equivalent and some college, preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years work experience in sales in retail or service industry, preferred.
* A strong customer service background, with lead/supervisory experience, preferred.
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills are essential.
* Must enjoy children and possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
* Well-developed computer skills essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer