Lead Scientist, Purification Process Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONExciting Scientist, Purification Process Development opportunity with a mall, successful and WELL funded Biologics Company here in Cambridge, MA! This is a new growth hire that will report into the Associate Director, Purification PD and be their right hand! This role will support the research and development of advanced purification methods and formulation development for their 7 Biologic programs! This role will also mentor and may manage a group of team members as well! Otherresponsibilities include but not limited to:
* Implement and improve upon basic purification and formulation methods
* Working independently and as a senior member of the DPD team, devise improvements in purification methods / technology and drug product formulations in support of cGMP manufacturing
* Participate in and support larger scale material production
* Lead and support process technology transfer initiatives within company and to outside CMO's
* Prepare, analyze and present technical data
* Prepare technical reports and write / review various SOPs, MBRs and MFRs
* Apply cutting edge technologies in bioprocessing to manufacturing, independently formulate new technology development initiatives and carry them to patent and public disclosure
* Work within a cross-functional department (Downstream, Upstream, Analytical, etc.) to drive the science forward.
* BS, MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or a related discipline
* 8+ years (BS/MS) or 2+ years (PhD) relevant industrialexperience in bioprocessing
* Experience biologics required
* Expertise with GE Akta units, column chromatography, filtration and UF/DF (TFF) operations required
* Previous experience with formulation development of biologics a plus
* Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment