Lead Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly depreciation and amortization entries.
- Review Authorizations for Expenditure (AFE) to validate that the project should be treated as a capital expenditure.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts by projecting depreciation and certain O&M expenses.
- Monitor and review Construction in Process (CIP) for impairment and work closely with field personnel to ensure timely in service dates with proper useful lives and asset classifications.
- Perform monthly roll forward and other close out schedules.
- Provide leadership and direction to other fixed assets personnel.
- Perform reporting and analysis, including monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting of capital expenditures and consolidating asset schedules for multiple companies for audit support..
- Support quarterly financial and SOX audits.
- Provide analysis and consultation in support of FERC rate cases and FERC audits
- Provide technical FERC and GAAP accounting guidance
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure accuracy of charges and timeliness of closure to fixed assets.
- Maintain fixed asset records including additions, retirements, and book and tax depreciation for multiple companies.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Required education or minimum level:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function independently
- Excellent organizational skills and work habits
- Lifting, sitting, walking, standing normal office hrs/day
- Flexibility with ability to work in a team setting
- and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Motivated dependable self-starter.
- Natural gas industry experience preferred
- 8+ years' experience in fixed assets accounting.
Microsoft Excel and Word, SAP experience a plus; prior experience with PowerPlant or other fixed asset system required
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications