Lead Server Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Merrill Corporation offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative and global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry s best people and the work offers some of the most rewarding challenges. From our focused, energetic work teams to our collaborative, results-oriented environment, cloud technologies and sound strategy, Merrill Corporation values its employees and wants them to know they re part of an industry global leader.
Merrill Corporation is looking for a passionate technologist who enjoys mentoring, coaching and managing others. Someone who has spent years honing your knowledge and skills in server and cloud compute technologies. You are someone people notice and commend on your Customer Service skills.
As our Lead Server Engineer, you will design, install, test and maintain Windows and VMWare ESX servers and infrastructure. Our Lead Server Engineer will provide technical thought leadership to Merrill s Server Instrastructure team. You will coordinate peer groups and vendors to complete projects and complex tasks. As a member of the team you will participate in the on-call rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Designs global compute solutions derived from architecture standards
* Establish design standards and patterns to meet Merrill Business needs
* Does sophisticated configuration of servers and cloud compute
* Does sophisticated troubleshooting of server systems
* Coach, mentor and manage junior staff
* Monitors systems and assists in performing corrective action.
* Performs well with little direction and/or high level input
* Proactively identify tools and process to prevent or shorten outages.
* Primary point of contact for the team, provides workflow coordination and direction to team
* Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience is required
* 7+ years professional IT experience with compute technologies
* 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Windows server 2008 and newer and ESX 6.0
* 3 + years of experience in Capacity Planning, Performance, Monitoring/Management and Server Design Architecture.
* 3+ years of demonstrated team leadership/management skills
* Microsoft Windows, VMWare or equivalent certification, preferred
* Working knowledge of security practices and tools (CIS hardening, best practices)
* Experience in Server Monitoring/Management. Experience with SCOM a plus.
* Ability and willingness to participate in a rotating on-call rotate providing 24/7 coverage
* Excellent communications skills and customer service attitude.
* Organization and analysis skills, problem solving ability.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with IT Leadership.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.