Lead Service Coordinator - Raleigh, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
National Power Corp.
National Power has an immediate need for a Lead Service Coordinator in our Raleigh, NC office. Under the general direction of and reporting to the Field Service Manager, the Lead Service Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching workers, work crews, equipment, and service vehicles for installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. In addition, this role will have supervisory responsibilities for 2 - 3 Service Coordinators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Schedules and dispatches workers, work crews, equipment, and service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, and needs, using email and telephone. In conjunction with the Field Service Manager, will also be responsible for the supervision and professional development of other service coordinators.
* Plan and schedule personnel to meet the operational needs of the Service Department, including without limitation distribution of daily work orders, prioritizing customer appointments, managing overtime and coordination of emergency orders.
* Accountable for developing and maintaining a high performance workforce by training and new and existing Service Coordinators.
* Confer with customers to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment. Escalate to Field Service Manager as necessary.
* Monitors personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
* Receives or prepares work orders using Microsoft Dynamics SL software.
* Relays work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using email and telephone.
* Records and maintains files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
* Prepares daily work and run schedules.
* Determines types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications, and communicates job requirements to field personnel.
* Tracks open tickets to ensure timely completion and communicates status to customer.
* Arranges for necessary repairs to restore service and schedules these repairs.
* Conduct and participate in department meetings as necessary.
* Communicate process improvement opportunities.
* Point of contact working with internal and external customers to resolve issues timely and professionally.
* HS Diploma required; some college preferred
* 3 - 5 years of experience in service dispatching
* Supervisory experience highly preferred
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP systems preferred
* Good attitude, strong customer service skills, detail oriented
* Focus and the ability to remain cool under pressure in a fast-paced work environment are a must
* Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen are required.
National Power Corp. (NPC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA federal contractor. NPC affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identification or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.