Lead Shipping Coordinator (Second Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
As a Lead Shipping Coordinator, you will be a role model for all others on the shift as you work alongside the End of Line team to ensure that outgoing parcels are routed, processed and documented efficiently and accurately. You will mentor and train new employees and oversee all shipping processes and responsibilities including safety, on time shipping of orders, proper packaging and labeling of shipments, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team with above industry standard practices in housekeeping and safety adherence.
This role will be on the 2nd shift with a typical start time of 3:00 pm. This role may also be required to work Saturdays which will be compensated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Audit outbound packages for weight limit/paper packing
* Responsible for packing using proper DOT packages
* Responsible for loading all pallets by carrier
* Uses an RF scanner to process shipments Ensure that all packages are sorted correctly by carrier
* Ensure that all manifest reports are completed at the end of the day
* Mentor and train new employees
* Recommend improvements to gain efficiencies
* Ensures that all shipping team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment.
* Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance
* Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
* Ensure that work area is kept clean and free of debris
Knowledge and Skills
* High school diploma or equivalent GED required plus 2 years of logistics experience or education preferred
* General working knowledge of import/export documentation and processes
* Prior experience in working with an established TMS preferred
* Strong computer, analytical and communication skills
* Requires the ability to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
* Excellent work ethic a must
* Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
* Strong people skills and the ability to lead a team
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
* Must be willing to obtain certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses and maintain certification for continued employment
* Experience using an RF scanner desired
* Attention to detail is a must the customer must receive an accurate, damage free and properly labeled order
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.