Lead Software Developer (Mobile)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US:
We are MGIC, a Milwaukee based, national leader in the mortgage insurance industry and a multiple Top Places to Work award winner. An exciting opportunity exists at our Downtown Milwaukee Headquarters location for a Lead Software Developer (Mobile) working with the Systems Development team.
The best candidates will be flexible and have a complete mastery of iOS development and mobile experience best practices and flourishes in a faced paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
* Design, develop, prototype, implement, test and document mobile solutions for the MGIC system.
* Mastery of software design patterns for mobile
* Design and develop highly responsive and multithreaded apps
* Collaborate with Product Management to define features with testable requirements.
* Review requirements, UX designs and translate them into product development plans and schedules
* Articulate the needs of the mobile development team to the development teams that provide the web services that our mobile solution require.
* Mentor more junior mobile developers
* Develop and maintain automated tests that ensure our solutions continue to work flawlessly as Apple matures iOS.
* Ensure that the technical details of the initiative meet performance, reliability, stability, quality, security, and testability standards.
* Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt it to updated versions, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE - SKILLS WE NEED:
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
* Develop industry leading iOS applications for our customers, sales staff, and colleagues
* Mastery of Objective-C, Swift and iOS SDK
* Understanding of automated testing best practices for Objective-C & Swift
* Complete understanding of Apple's development model and processes.
* Ability to integrate 3rd party modules, libraries and components into applications
* Well-versed in Agile software development life cycle methodologies with emphasis on SCRUM
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
* Have their finger on the pulse of what is happening in the world of mobile development. What new technologies are on the horizon that could improve MGIC's Mobile solutions.
* Be able to understand the needs of our customers and sales staff in order to deliver the best possible solutions that meet their needs in creative ways.
* Be able to work closely and frequently with product owners to ensure our mobile solutions are of the highest quality.
* Work with all MGIC development teams to take advantage of the web services
* Ability to work independently as well as with a team with effective time management in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
* Ability to work across teams and with remote teams
MGIC offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, pension, profit sharing and 401(k) savings. We offer an on-site fitness center, wellness initiatives and a business casual dress policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and substance abuse testing.