Lead Software Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Our Corporate Application Development Team is looking for a top performing Lead Software Engineer to join our growing application development team which develops and maintains our business critical application that facilitates our ability to dispatch and pay our temporary workforce throughout the United States.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled software developers, and test engineers working in a Scrumagile software development environment. This position will report directly to a Director of Application Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with Technical Product Owner to refine requirements
* Works with Scrum Master and Technical Product Owner to ensure team is meeting goals and sprint commitments.
* Manages resources assigned to their scrum team; meets with each team member one-on-one; coaches team members in areas of improvement - both technical and non-technical; sets goals for team members and reviews members against goals twice a year.
* Acts as technical subject matter expert that is accountable for team decisions.
* Devises logic procedures, performs coding and unit test, and debugs programs.
* Prepares and/or reviews system and programming documentation.
* Understands and follows TBI architecture and development standards.
* Works effectively in an agile team environment.
* Demonstrates the ability to work with cross functional groups to achieve results.
* Demonstrates appropriate communication skills and knows when to listen and when to talk.
* Knows when to be a leader, when to follow and when to get direction from the Director of Application Development.
* Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with team members and fellow employees. Helps all team members meet their commitments.
* Proactively manages work load and consults with the Application Development Director when matters of work prioritization arise.
* Has a good understanding of Scrum and is familiar with Continuous Integration/Delivery.
* Is able to appropriately prioritize multiple tasks.
* Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
* Pattern based development background with high level of proficiency in:
* Object oriented development (Java, C#, Objective C, and/or C++)
* MVC and MVVM patterns
* REST service design
* Message queues
* Service oriented architecture
* Unit testing
* Swagger, RAML or similar approach for REST API specifications
* Relational databaseexperience (Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL)
* NoSQL databaseexperience (MongoDB, Redis, or others)
* SOAPUI or similar API testing tool
* Mobile experience is a plus (iOS, Android and/or hybrid)
* Experience integrating with SaaS applications is a plus
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues and understand the TrueBlueScrum implementation.
* Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways using the established Scrum methodology and willingly assists team members do the same.
* Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, as well as an understanding of the company culture.
* Does consult with the Direct of Application Development on very complex projects and when personnel issues aris.