Lead Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Position
Simply put, as a Senior Software Engineer, you will be developing and architecting high-availability, high-performance Python/Django (LAMP) applications. This role will be an influential spot on our Nixle Critical Communication platform team that directly supports our company s impressive growth. You'll rise to the challenge of working with our legacy enterprise codebase and revel in the journey to maintain our best-in-class status.
About the team
Our Nixle team is headquartered in downtown San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood. In our office of 10, you sit in a cross functional group comprised of both engineers and business professionals, all of whom are focused on the same goal: building a platform that saves lives and strengthens communities across the country.
* Bullet-proof coding style.
* Rock-solid understanding of Core Python concepts, Scalability and API design.
* Rock-solid understanding of OOP, design patterns and data structures.
* Best practices and methodologies in modern, full stack web development, including Git, Code Reviews and Agile processes.
* Critical Thinker
* Problem Solver
* Able to pass Voight-Kampff test.
* 8-10 years overall technology industry experience.
* 4+ years designing, building and maintaining highly-available web applications.
* 4+ years experience in Python/Django, MySQL and the Linux environment.
* SMS experience a REALLY nice to have.
* AWS (EC2, Route53, S3) is nice to have.
* BS degree in Computer Science
**We are not accepting Agency assistance at this time**
About the Company:
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help Keep people safe and Businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. With headquarters in both Boston and Los Angeles, Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. As a company with a culture that is committed to Making a Difference, Everbridge was recently named a Best Place to Work by both the Boston and Los Angeles Business Journals!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.