Lead Special Education Teacher (Severe)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
The May Institute Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONLEAD SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (SEVERE)
Job ID: 2016-2285
Job Location: Randolph, Massachusetts
Type: Regular Full-Time
Category: Special Education
May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph is looking for a Special Education Teacher to work in a classroom setting taking on lead responsibilities and providing services to children and adolescents with autism or other developmental disabilities.
* Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom
* Design an individualized curriculum, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
* Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
* Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
* Train and supervise other teachers and classroom assistants
* Master s degree (or enrollment in a Master s program)
* Certification in severe disabilities preferred/ moderate certification will be considered.
* Experience in ABA preferred
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow