Lead Specialist -- SAP BIBW Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 3/17/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverall 5+ years of experience with SAP BW with Net Weaver 7.31 (or higher).
- At least 2+ years of experience with SAP BW on HANA.
- Develop and maintain the overall technical architecture and standards for SAP Business Information Warehouse and Tableau BI platform
- Managing corporate financials with SAP BW, BPC, standard and custom reporting of same.
- Responsible in providing SAP architectural guidance and provide technical assistance for the design, build, and test of content deployed through the SAP BW 7.4, Tableau 9.0.9
- Provide necessary coordination, facilitating prototyping / formal workshop design sessions with work process representatives to gather functional and usability requirements
- Assess and manage BI performance optimization efforts.
- Contribute toward evolving company's analytical self-service/ad hoc reporting capabilities using existing or future toolsets.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and ensure that new functionality is properly transitioned to reporting users.
- Participate and contribute to development and management work plans.
- Work with business partners and internal staff on resolving platform production defects and performance issues.
- Accountable for the BI Solution Architecture, stability and sustainability.
- Responsible solution design best practices, and leveraging all available tools.
- Propose optimal ways to address business demands for BI with a goal of delivering maximum overall value for BI investments.
- Participate and develop BI landscape strategy including optimal setup to support multiple/parallel project deliverables.
- Develop ongoing methods to deliver BI governance metrics (i.e. usage, memory, space, queries, etc.)
- Coordinating technical aspects of operations such as solving production problems, making enhancements to the existing functionality, and fixing logical bugs in the applications
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with SAP Applications owners, IT Infrastructure team and OS/Network Team.
- Develop, document, and adhere to standard procedures and best practices
- Ensure requirements are being met in accordance with corporate compliance
- Ensure proper communication to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years of professional work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Work from the functional/business requirements to design and develop BW objects (install standard objects, enhance existing objects, and create custom objects) like info objects, business content, info sources, data targets, transfer rules, update rules, etc.
- Process chains and BEX query design and analysis
- Data modeling with SAP BW on HANA with HANA Studio and HANA Views.
- SAP BW on HANA infrastructures and how they are used such as Info Objects, Info Cubes, Multi Providers, DSO's, standard and custom Extractors, virtual cubes, ETL, real time extraction processing from ECC.
- Develop prototypes in various BI tools for capability assessment and demonstrations.
- Accurately estimate work efforts and time estimates.
- At least 4+ years of ABAP development experience
- Experience leading complex design and development solutions
- Researching and Implementing OSS Notes
- Working experience to develop and execute test scenarios including regression testing, utilizing SAP related software testing tools where appropriate (such as Panaya)
- Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
- Strong Programing skills and able to motivate co-team members is a must
- Ability to identify and implement programing logic and/or application improvements
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter, team player
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
- Ability to work with Remedy ticketing system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Time Management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high quality standards
- Problem solver; can quickly assess a situation then develop and implement effective solutions
- Previous development experience with Tableau is preferred
- Previous experience in energy industry is a plus
- SAP Certification is a plus
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications