Lead Sprinkler Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Perform inspections, testing and maintenance/repair of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler systems in accordance with NFPA and State of Department of Health. Candidate should have the ability to accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection. Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes is a plus. Attention to detail with the ability to communicate with employees, employers, customers and authorities having jurisdiction both written and verbally is desired.
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Two years field experience as a Sprinkler Fitter, Inspector, or Trainee is a plus.
* Functional knowledge of Wet or Dry Sprinkler Systems a plus.
* Valid drivers license with good driving record.
* Ability to stand, or climb stairs and ladders for a long period of time.
* Ability to lift minimum of 40 (90) pounds without assistance.
* Excellent "Customer Service Skills".
* Good written and oral communication skills and have a good organizational skills.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment security, drug, and background check.
* Knowledge of fire pumps, backflows and standpipes a plus