Lead 3 Substations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description: Responsible for assigned manufacturing area. Responsible for assisting the supervisor in managing the overall coordination of results, employee utilization, training, safety, quality, and manufacturing process for specific area or work group.
Role and Responsibilities
* Basic substation repair and troubleshooting; changing gaskets, bushings, and all parts/components.
* Testing of units to include ratio, meggar, and resistance
* Stacking cores as needed.
* Adhere to all safety policies; set a good example for the personnel in which you lead. Audit. Zero PPE non-compliance issues. Appropriately motivate all employees to adhere to safety regulations; monitor and eliminate at risk behaviors. Prioritize housekeeping throughout area and assist with facility. Complete training; follow through on behaviors at the facility. Delegate, manage supplies and floor inventory, with a critical eye for eliminating waste.
PROFESSIONALISM AND DISPOSITION:
* Exemplify professionalism (including attitude, tardy and absence), safety and environmental compliance. Cultivate a positive culture that encourages teamwork and promotes safe work practices. Lead in such a way that the department demonstrates a high level of engagement, desires to achieve excellence and is recognized as a cohesive team.
* Employees feel comfortable approaching the lead and voicing any and all concerns (safety, quality, communication, etc.) Employees have confidence that lead will address issues and concerns in a professional, timely manner.
* Clear communication and comprehensive job training is provided as needed to complete tasks and meet deadlines. Employees understand their role - what is expected of them so as to improve quality and increase throughput.
* Lead reviews orders and anticipates part needs, additionally, lead collects and utilizes used parts so as to prevent production stoppages, increase efficiency and lower costs. Employees have the tools they need in order to complete tasks and meet deadlines. Zero next day air packages due to lack of planning.
* Identify scheduling conflicts and communicate them to Plant Manager.
* Manage department with minimal supervision and paperwork issues.
* Ensure department time is utilized effectively; managing OT and any Saturday work effectively. Maintain the department vacation schedule; coordinates personnel to cover absences.
* Train personnel and provide ongoing development of existing employees related to the key areas (safety, quality, delivery, cost and used parts).
* Assist with Performance Reviews, including specific, measurable, achievable and time-constrained written goals. Meet quarterly with employees to evaluate progress on goals
QUALITY elevate issues appropriately.
* Seek opportunities to lower costs, eliminate waste and increase through put.
AREA SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Repair and troubleshoot substation units as needed.
* Stack cores and assist with testing units.
* Lead/Supervisory experience is a plus. Must be able to manage employees, process paperwork, approve hours and vacation, track attendance, discipline employees as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Internal application to be completed.
* High School Diploma/GED; MVR for Field Service Work.
* Demonstrated ability to repair, trouble shoot, completes Field Service for Pads, and Small Subs.
* Assist with Regulators during high volume.
* Previous lead and management experience a plus
* Previous manufacturing experience 4-6years required
* Previous performance review(s) in good standing
* Cooperative attitude towards all internal and external customers, dependable, and reliable.
* Ability to help team members resolve questions, helps with the work load, and knows when to elevate.
* Professional language, appearance, and conduct exhibited at all times.
* Submit STEP idea (minimum of one annually).
* Capacity to learn other areas sufficient to fill in where required.