Lead Supervisor, Gas Maintenance and Construction Waltham
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
LEAD SUPERVISOR, GAS MAINTENANCE AND CONSTRUCTION WALTHAM
JOB ID 20163156 DATE POSTED 09/13/2016 Description
About the Position:
The role holder is responsible for the safety, reliability, security and integrity of the gas distribution system through the daily supervision and organization of operations personnel in order to complete job tasks while complying with Company, departmental and Regulatory policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
Supervises both internal and contracted personnel to assure the timely and cost effective completion of work within the area of responsibility.
Provides emergency response and supervision of personnel engaged in a 24 hour, 7 day per week operation.
Direct the efforts of the local supervisor team and provide feedback to stakeholders in the absence of the Director/Manager.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Promote team development across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
* Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an efficient manner.
* Oversee the operational workload of team to ensure allocated resources are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed upon work plan.
* Ensure supervised teams comply with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff.
* Review, ensure accuracy and execute the approval of area purchase orders, invoices and payroll activities.
* Execute all work tasks in compliance with all Company, Federal and State policy and regulatory requirements.
* Build good working relationships with internal & external customers and manage the day-to-day relationship with them in order to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions within National Grid policies and processes.
* Monitor performance of allocated staff including issues relating to sickness, discipline and poor standards of work in order to ensure that work is performed efficiently and effectively.
* Act as the first point of contact for multiple internal stakeholders and outside agencies in order to provide support and ensure National Grid deliver against service level agreements.
* Promote and implement best practices in order to ensure all work tasks achieve high productivity and low costs.
* Execute work activities within planned unit and budget cost.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* A Bachelor s degree and/or a minimum of 5 years experience within the function is preferred. Demonstrates the ability to conduct performance related analysis on the operation and crews, apply/modify theories, and implement learned concepts appropriately.
* Technically proficient within subject matter and experienced in leading a team involved in field operations activities.
* Ability and knowledge to develop standard operating procedures for field personnel to perform gas work and connections on energized distribution/transmission facilities.
* Must have, or the ability to develop, a working knowledge of information systems critical to the work management, financial reporting and performance tracking of the designated area.
* Possess a theoretical knowledge and understanding of National Grid s policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
* Must have experience managing a team with the ability to build effective, respectful, working relationships.
* Experience of managing the work of an operations functional area/business unit and demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory issues within the assigned jurisdiction.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Sep 13, 2016, 1:37:35 PM
:Oct 13, 2016, 11:59:00 PM