Lead System Engineer
POSITION :: LEAD SYSTEM ENGINEER
LOCATION :: TORRANCE,CA
DURATION :: 12 MONTHS
RATE :: $55/HR + MEDICAL BENEFITS
SHIFT :: 1ST
CLIENT :: HONEYWELL
The Mechanical Systems Engineering and Application (MSEA) Environmental Control Systems (ECS) organization has an immediate need for senior project engineers to work on various Air Transport, Regional, Business and Military aircraft. This position reports to the Technical Airframe Integration and Test Senior Technical Manager and the broader MSEA Environmental Controls System organization.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
The selected individuals will:
* Support teams of individuals that manage all aspects of aircraft and system integration design and development activities with an emphasis on military applications
* Have an understanding of typical requirements based engineering processes required to certify an Environmental Control System.
* Understand and be able to coordinate component, controls and software requirements development
* Possess a deep understanding of system integration testing including facility design, writing test plans and cases, understand modern data acquisition systems and experience working with engineering test organizations
* Possess a understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles and processes including Integrated Master Schedule development and management
* Generate reports and technical documents as required and communicate results to internal and external customers.
* Identify and manage risks using technical knowledge and judgment.
* Execute a program to meet schedule, cost, and technical goals.