Lead Systems Analyst - CBA (Will consider all locations including virtual)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Hunt Valley, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Lead Systems Analyst Health and Welfare
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our CBA/ Enterprise business group within Aon Hewitt.
The Lead System Analyst (LSA) has overall accountability for the construction (system analysis, configuration, and quality) of Aon Hewitt s proprietary benefits system for Health and Welfare delivery. The LSA has deep technical knowledge and is responsible for creating high-level analysis; coaching service aligned analysts; and approving all analysis, system configuration, technical documentation, and testing. An LSA can be aligned to one or many clients. The LSA is also responsible for coordinating production reviews, signing off on the stability of all newly released projects into production, and completing a transition to operations for ongoing support.
YOUR IMPACT AS A LEAD SYSTEMS ANALYST
* Work with clients to discuss technical requirements, set expectations, and manage involvement in analysis activities.
* Meet with decision makers, systems owners and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
* Develop and execute integrated systems and testing strategy for aligned service.
* Review client requirements, perform gap and/or impact analysis, and delegate as appropriate, data, foundation, and systems analysis in preparation for service-specific cloning and configuration with a focus on high-level and complex analysis.
* Review and approve analysis, test plans, and standard operating procedures.
* Provide service and systems expertise, build client-specific technical knowledge, perform impact and root cause analysis on defects and identify high-level and complex system solutions.
* Manage the delivery of the client acceptance testing process and identify client acceptance test scenarios.
* Assist in the planning, design, development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
* Maintain and execute service-specific iteration plans for construction tasks (including all batch tasks).
* Coach service-aligned analysts on quality and client-specific aspects.
* Ensure smooth transition to production, review standard operating procedures, and provide training on newly released functionality.
* Manage the overall iterative deployment process.
* Review, inspect, and complete scope/pricing analysis and assess priority of change order requests as applicable.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5 7 years of relevant work experience required (1 2 years at Aon/ Aon Hewitt in a Systems Analyst or similar role).
* Strong people and project management skills with emphasis on Global Environment experience.
* Ability to coach and coordinate the work of others when balancing multiple tasks.
* Knowledge of system capabilities and functionality.
* Experience with project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Experience in the development and implementation of software solutions.
* Experience with Health and Welfare/ Health Management benefits.
* Demonstrated competence with basic event flow configuration and testing.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to translate client requirements and/or legislation into system specifications and test plans.
* Bachelor s degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420939
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, MD, Hunt Valley