Lead Systems/DevOps Engineer - Thunder IoT Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Lead Systems/DevOps Engineer
Join a new and rapidly growing team at Salesforce building innovative and highly scalable solutions to deliver real-time business intelligence and personalized engagement experiences for enterprise cloud computing built entirely on AWS. We are using the latest cloud and open source technologies to build highly scalable 1:1 responsive journeys for "The Internet of Customers."
We are looking for DevOps engineers to expand our existing talented DevOps team. This team is responsible for all aspects of deploying, scaling, monitoring and managing the entire stack of Thunder services. Extensive prior experience with managing large complex systems in the public cloud is required. Our team culture empowers you to take ownership of your work and its outcome. This is a unique ground-floor opportunity for self-motivated individuals to work with a highly competent distributed team.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be automating the deployment, monitoring and management of the Thunder platform which is the key engine of the IoT cloud. We use leading-edge open-source technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, and Spark to provide a highly scalable and secure solution that enables customers to better understand and interact with their customers. We are looking for candidates who are familiar with some or many of these technologies at scale. Knowledge of Docker, containerization and best security practices is also very useful.
* Design, implement, maintain and support the infrastructure used to power our service
* Automate the provisioning, deployment, scaling and monitoring of the platform across multiple environments.
* Be passionate about automation and avoiding doing things manually.
* Work closely with quality engineering, product management and other team members to develop, test and deploy high quality software
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience and performance
* Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* In depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures
* Extensive experience with AWS or another cloud PaaS provider
* Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
* Strong understanding of OO programming and concepts
* Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
* Solid understanding of how to configure, deploy, manage and maintain large cloud hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
* Deep understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP
* Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods
* Experience with log management and log aggregation
* Advanced knowledge about cloud security and best practices
* A strong background in open source technology
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.