Lead Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:- Provides highest level troubleshooting on unique problems unanswered at lower levels
- Serves as highest level technical resource for an enterprise-wide application
- Recommends systems integration required to support business applications needs
- Performs lead role in reviewing vendor proposals and making recommendations
- Leads implementation and deployment efforts on large projects
- Directs others in projects or assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of servers and utilities by designing methods to ensure high performance
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of disaster recovery procedures
- Articulates expected benefits and potential limitations of product solution to users
- Assesses implementation options and recommends most appropriate process to the client
- Ensures adherence of team to testing and installation procedures and resolves deviations with appropriate resources, on schedule and according to implementation plan Qualifications:Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent training and experience; Graduate degree preferred Approximately 8-12 years experience in related field Other Information:The purpose of this position is to deliver advanced IT Systems Engineering Capabilities to the distribution and cross dock operations that is made up of Office Depot's internal NA IT/ Supply Chain Network. The person will also be responsible for delivering functional expertise across the process path of Warehouse Management System, MS Server/ESX VM, Avamar Backups, wireless and Message queues Technologies. This includes design and development of process improvements, new process introductions and equipment installation, while driving for highest quality and lowest cost solutions.
* Create innovative, multi-disciplinary technical/functional solutions to unprecedented problems and devise solutions for the most complex and highest risk business situations.
* Act on own initiative and awareness of market conditions and technical innovations to provide solutions to problems before they occur.
* Primary influence to the highest levels of the organization on projects and initiatives directly affecting enterprise revenue and profitability.
* Maintains a detailed knowledge of current best practices and emerging trends within the technical architecture and application development arenas. Maintains awareness and understanding of relevant emerging technologies.
* Conduct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling process and equipment layout.
* Lead Supply system improvmenets and/ or equipment projects. Work includes:
research, specification, design, integration, debugging and document.
* Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
* Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
* Perform and review capacity analysis for systems availability and provide recommendations on changes based on organic growth, new business and HW/SW behavior.
* Participate in process control and analysis in area of expertise. Ensure all issues are driven to closure through root cause analysis.
* Proactive communication involving projects, areas of expertise and support of operations.
* Provide mentorship to Engineers at all levels and promote knowledge transfer.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .