This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
SonShine Childcare Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lead Teacher - Job Description
As a professional individual, the Lead Teacher works closely with the Director and Assistant Director to provide and maintain a positive and appropriate educational program that meets the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the children within their care infusing the curriculum with Christ's teachings and Godly principles. The primary focus of the Lead Teacher is the provision of high quality programming within their assigned classroom. The Lead Teacher must be a professional committed to "best practices," always striving for excellence and successful child outcomes. They must be passionate about the field of early education and care; knowledgeable and articulate about recommended practices, particularly for their assigned age grouping; and able to support and mentor fellow educators in effort to promote similar traits and skills.
Essential Duties: Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
I. Program Quality
* Provides high quality programming and care within their assigned age group/classroom(s).
* Maintains constant supervision of classroom children at all times. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the health, welfare, and safety of the children.
* Interacts with the children and encourages their involvement in classroom experiences.
* Provides and maintains a safe, caring, and welcoming classroom that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing.
* Works in conjunction with the Director and Assistant Directory to ensure adequate classroom supplies, equipment, and resources are available.
* Assists the Management team to ensure standards are kept for their assigned age group/classrooms.
* Understands and is mindful of how personal appearances, dress, use of body language and tone of voice impact the environment around them.
Plans, implements, and evaluates the educational environment and programming of their assigned age group/classroom(s). This includes but is not limited to:
* Maintaining child attendance and educational records/files.
* Becoming familiar with and utilizing the centers curriculum themes and curricular resources in order to prepare, implement, and evaluate daily classroom experiences (indoor/outdoor).
* Completing classroom planning documents on a weekly basis. Weekly Planning Forms are to be completed at least one-week prior to implementation for review and posting purposes.
* Preparing the environment and materials in accordance with Weekly Planning Forms.
* Implementing age and developmentally appropriate classroom activities and experiences for the children.
* Completing formal and informal child and classroom assessments and progress reports, per required timeframes.
* Providing individualized programming and differentiated instruction necessary for the success of the children within their care.
* Providing a family-friendly and focused environment that includes frequent informal communication with caregivers as well as formal conferencing as needed.
* Prepares the Assistant Teacher to assume the role of Lead Teacher by providing training while the Assistant Teacher leads selected activities during designated parts of the classroom day.
* Works with volunteers, substitutes and floaters as needed.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Actively attends and participates in all staff meetings and trainings. Be willing to assist in meetings as needed.
* Motivates classroom colleagues by maintaining a positive attitude and leading by example.
* Is willing to work in a team environment; is willing to share ideas and be open to other's; is flexible and willing to compromise.
* Assists in the creation of a positive enjoyable work environment.
The Lead Teacher may per