Lead Teller - S Foothills Dr, SLC (35 hrs)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Teller - S Foothills Dr, SLC (35 hrs)
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF): The Lead Teller reports to the Branch Manager and performs the duties of a Teller. The Lead Teller assists new and existing clients of the Bank with account transactions and uncovers sales opportunities, acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues, serves as primary troubleshooter for complex problems and client service needs, enhances client relationships with Key by providing distinctive quality service, looks for sales opportunities by uncovering financial needs and ensuring that the client is communicated with for possible product opportunities and helps observe and provide coaching to Tellers to enhance client referrals and operational effectiveness. The Lead Teller is responsible for day to day Teller scheduling, staffing issues and branch compliance with regulatory, security, and internal audit controls. The Lead teller also is responsible for training and onboarding new Tellers. Key's application process for this teller position requires that you complete our Virtual Job Tryout (R), which is an interactive experience via the Internet that takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes to complete. When applying, please provide a valid email address on the application so that Key may send an email with a link to you for completion of the VJT.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The role of the Lead Teller is to perform the duties of a Teller, oversee daily Teller functions and scheduling, ensure that all branch operations are effective and compliance requirements are met, provide performance coaching to the branch Teller staff to meet client acquisition and customer service objectives and to assist platform staff with basic account opening and maintenance activities.
Teller Functions & Staffing:
- Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions.
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures.
- Act as a resource to identify and resolve more complex client servicing issues.
- Meet individual established referral production goals.
- Accountable for daily NSF review/weekly overdraft monitoring.
- Assist with staffing and scheduling of the Tellers.
- Responsible for training and onboarding new Tellers.
- Support sales goals through identification of prospects and referrals to sales experts.
- Seek out clients and educates them on alternative delivery channels.
Build Client Rapport:
- Provide excellent customer service to all KeyBank clients.
- Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known.
- Participate in client appreciation events.
- Take ownership of client issues when possible, with the assistance of the branch management.
- Make product suggestions based on the client's needs and refer to a member of the branch team.
- Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings for product suggestions.
- Provide answers and assistance for client questions/concerns, utilizing resources within the branch.
- Coordinate time between Personal Banker and client for business meetings as necessary.
Fulfill Client Needs:
- Continue to build the client relationship by viewing client accounts when performing transactions and identifying potential product needs.
- Participate in post/debrief meetings with the branch team involving clients from the day to better understand specific client needs.
Branch Operations and Platform Assistance:
- Provide direction and guidance for branch staff on operational/regulatory procedures.
- Monitor and provide coaching to Tellers to enhance referral effectiveness.
- Assist with meeting branch established referral production goals.
- Cross- trained to work on platform and perform basic account opening and maintenance activities as needed.
- Update electronic profile during client conversations.
- Act as a backup to the Branch Manager as assigned.
- Special assignments as requested.
- Ensure signage and merchandise are properly displayed.
- Ensure that the branch facilities (internal and external) are maintained.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent business / operational experience
- A minimum of 1 year Teller experience
- Strong knowledge of branch operations
- Demonstrated superior client relationship skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong detail orientation
Demonstrated organizational skills while managing multiple tasks
- Strong team player
- Working knowledge of Teller Software, PC with Windows based applications, Calculator
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and foster teamwork
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
Physical Requirements include: Prolonged Standing (5- 8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1- 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs
Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: - 3 to 5 years of cash handling experience
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 12-state network of over 1,000 branches, 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
Key traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $95.1 billion. Key (NYSE: KEY) provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals, small and medium-sized business under the name KeyBank National Association. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program