At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Lead Tester to join our team in Albany, New York.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate and perform QA testing activities.
* Preparing test plans
* Prepare test environments
* Facilitate user acceptance testing through sign off
* Security testing
* Participate in discussions with business analysts and agency staff regarding functional design specifications.
* Develop standards and procedures for the testing phases, and ensure that processes are streamlined for efficiency
* Configuration of any test tools
* Prepare or review testing scope documents and/or test plans.
* Review test cases.
* Develop or validate automated test plans and/or test scripts.
* Participate in the preparation of testing environments for QA and/or UAT testing.
* Facilitate UAT testing.
* Validate, track and follow up on defects from testing.
* Create reporting mechanisms to monitor the status of testing activities.
* Create/execute SQL queries as needed to investigate/validate test results.
* Facilitate meetings to discuss defects as needed.
* Prepare work estimates as requested.
* Prepare testing documentation as requested.
* Provide support for help desk tickets and production problems as requested.
* 7 years of Experience working directly with business analysts, program subject matter experts and technical staff, to create robust test plans for desktop and web applications.
* 7 years of experience creating test schedules, and creating and executing test strategies based on software specifications
* 7 years of experience coordinating, tracking, and analyzing testing activities, including hands-on use of defect management tools to identify, document, track and communicate problems to technical staff.
* 4 years of experience in a Test / QA Lead role on software development projects, developing team procedures for the testing phases, coordinating and guiding team activities and providing sign-off of test phase completion.
* 3 years of experience tracking requirements coverage.
* 3 years of experience creating/executing MS SQL and Oracle database queries for validation of test results.
* Bachelor s Degree in an Information Technology related field, from an accredited institution.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.