Lead Warehouse Worker (non-union)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Nexeo Solutions, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONNexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, and Asia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a private company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
As a Warehouse Lead, you will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and workforce management. Knowledge of hazardous material regulations, DOT regulations, warehousing and logistics are necessary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to reports, employee training, employee relations, and should have a good understanding of shiftwork.
* DOT Hazmat shipping and shipment preparation
* Operate all available equipment (forklift, etc.) in adherence with training and company policies
* Responsible for inspections and recordkeeping (hazardous waste audits, pre-shipment checklists, etc.)
* Maintain any Hazmat requirements for transportation
* Special assignments or tasks as required by management
* Serve as a leadership role
* Participate on the site Safety Committee
* Report all recognized unsafe conditions or acts to Management
* Waste management, RCRA Hazardous waste handling
* Proper handling and management of non-hazardous and hazardous wastes as scheduled or required
* Proper storage and labeling of wastes
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Some secondary education, preferred
* 4-5 years distribution/logistics warehouse experience
* RCRA compliance and waste management experience a plus
* Good computer skills (Word, Excel, SAP a plus)
* Forklift certified
* Detail and safety oriented
* Willing to work overtime when needed
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Good communication and written skills a must
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.