Leader Relationship Manager / HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCIRPTION
As a key member of the Human Resources team, this position will be the HR strategic business partner for the Information Technology and Operations groups. The candidate will be the primary HR resource for all human capital organizational design and strategy, and will educate, advise, and guide client groups on issues involving (but not limited to) performance management, employee relations, career development, compensation, recruiting, change management, and employee engagement. This position reports to a Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
* Act as an internal consultant and strategic partner to leaders, managers and employees within the Information Technology and Operations groups by providing coaching and advice on human capital organizational design and strategy.
* Key HR partner through significant organizational transformation, including driving change management and communication strategies.
* Drive strong employee relations and manage through investigations as needed.
* Lead compensation and reward & recognition processes.
* Partner with client groups and the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting needs and resource management.
* Manage training requirements and recommend development needs.
* Assist with the review, development, and/or communication of policies and procedures.
* Partner with internal customers to assist in driving process improvement.
* Drive site and/or corporate projects as assigned.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Financial services/banking experience preferred.
* 7+ years of strong HR generalist or HR business partner experience in a fast-paced, corporate environment, supporting Information Technology and/or Operations (preferred).
* Ability to understand IT and Operations terminology.
* Management coaching skills, solid interpersonal skills, ability to problem-solve independently, and apply analytical skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate and engage with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
* Proven track record in managing HR projects.
* Computer and software knowledge required for Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office suite.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and have bias for taking thoughtful action.
* PHR certification preferred.