Leadership Development Program (SLP) - Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Position: Stanley Black and Decker Leadership Development Program Finance SLP
Location: Various, Rotational
Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world s most valuable things.
Who is Stanley Black & Decker*
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (SLP) is a fast-track rotational program that is an integrated process for accelerating the development of our future leaders. It is geared toward recent graduates with Finance & Accounting internship experience and a relevant business degree who have a passion for a long term career in Corporate Finance & Accounting.
Finance SLPs work in four 6-month rotations in different facilities across the United States or internationally in some cases. Each rotation has project assignments that allow participants to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of that facility. The program offers invaluable experiences for early career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers. This high profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects as assigned.
* Work closely with functional business groups to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
* Lead projects and ensure that the functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices.
* Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
* Facilitate structured training programs to support business transformation.
* Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
* Leading key Finance and Accounting projects to streamline processes and increase working capital turns.
* Gather and report necessary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics globally.
* Report out/present to the Executive Team your project deliverables on a quarterly basis.
* Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting or other related business field.
* Must have a 3.0 GPA upon graduation.
* Must have demonstrated leadership experience.
* Must have a passion for excellence and leadership.
* Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability.
* Must be able to communicate well across all levels of the organization.
* Must be willing to rotate every 6 months to a new location (mainly U.S. based, but global opportunities may become available).
* Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business beginning with the shop floor and ending with senior management.
* Self motivated individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement through the use of analytical problem solving skills.
* Facilitating, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with executives.
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
* Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications included in the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Basic knowledge of accounting and finance.
* Must be able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel.
* Must have a can-do attitude the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
POSSIBLE ROTATION LOCATIONS:
Key Operational locations are not limited to but may include the following:
New Britain, CT
Fort Mill, SC
Global consideration is given based upon business need and the SLPs transferrable skill set (e.g. bilingual in the host country language, etc.).
Stanley Black & Decker is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, veterans, and minorities.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.