Lean Agile Coach - (Costa Mesa, CA or Horsham, PA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Lean Agile Coach (Costa Mesa, CA or Horsham, PA)
The Lean Agile Coach will provide expertise and mentoring across many of NextGen's Product/Project teams as they transition from the current waterfall/hybrid development methodologies to the new corporate Lean/Agile standards. He/she will work closely with many teams, including Requirements engineers, software engineers, QA/Test personnel, project and program management, to provide the guidance necessary for a successful transition to these new methods & standards.
* Define expected behaviors and approach to work needed from the various project functions in the new lean/agile environment.
* Lead workshops and other knowledge sharing activities imparting knowledge and drawing on their own lean/agile expertise and experiences. Develop others to act as local mentors/coaches for more junior project teammates.
* Support the project leadership teams as they produce detailed project task plans for this new style of work.
* Identify milestones and expected accomplishments for the lean/agile transition program.
* Report progress, identify bottlenecks and provide general performance metrics to OPX leadership that aids the organization to adjust its lean/agile roll-out.
* Identify creative and innovative solutions to implementation obstacles.
* Self-starter - able to work independently across many different disciplines and projects. Able to identify needs and jump in where needed.
* Able to travel to the various NextGen locations: Atlanta, Costa Mesa, Horsham, Atlanta, and possibly Bangalore up to 30% of the time.
* A minimum of 8 Years of experience in software engineering
* Experience and knowledge in various project methodologies, waterfall, scrum, agile, kanban
* A minimum of 5 years experience in an agile development environment
* Experience in mentoring/leading other members of the software engineering team
* Knowledge of project management practices in an agile environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills, solid verbal & written communication skills.
* Ability to influence leaders at all levels within an enterprise.
* Understanding & experience in a software product development environment.
* BS/BA in Computer Science or a similar discipline
* Agile Certification/trainings, Certified Scrum Master or similar Agile credentials
* Solid technical skills, various software tools & environments
* Leadership & communication
* Ability to train others in technology and software methodology
* Knowledge of tools for agile development teams and able to train/mentor others in using
* Experience as an agile coach or trainer
* Experience in leading an organization through a waterfall-to-agile transition
* Planning skills, able to define enterprise milestones and goals and produce a plan to achieve
* HealthCare industry experience & knowledge
* Experience with software development process standards, e.g. ISO, CMMI, FDA etc.
* Project Management experience
* MS, MBA or equivalent with emphasis in Computer Science or related field
* PMP or similar certification
* Proven agile coach abilities
* Management experience
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.