Lean Consultanting Firm COO 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
LEAN CONSULTANTING FIRM COO- CHINA BASED EXPAT ROLE
Dongguan, China or Hong Kong
Excellent Compensation - Base and Bonus
Relocation and Housing Allowance Offered
With an eye on capitalizing on their strong Asian market and industry reputation, our client is seeking to augment their service offering to provide Lean focused consulting to their consulting services in Asia. This consulting practice will focus on the delivery of Lean performance based consulting solutions targeted toward their client's Asian manufacturing plants.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a key executive leadership position within our client's growing service line, with responsibility for driving the firm's client engagements and Asian based team of consultants. This position will require a candidate with solid Lean and Quality consulting engagement leadership background and experience. Key to success in this role requires a candidate that is motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial growth focused environment.
This COO role will be responsible for driving the firm's Asian based consulting service line and be tasked with working closely with the firm's CEO to ensure results focused client engagementThis role will be responsible for leading, coaching and managing a team of client embedded consultant leaders who in turn will each simultaneously manage 3 to 5 client engagement projects with +10Lean specialists
* This role will responsible for ensuring all client engagement projects achieve agreed upon metrics within defined timelines while safeguarding that client leadership is being trained/coached to achieve continuous improvement self-reliability
* This position will be a key resource for the continuous development of firm's Lean Performance Solutions processes and procedures (with the assistance of the firm's Leadership Team)
* This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships, and strengthening relationships with decision makers in existing client accounts.
* This position will manage internal department continuous improvement project list fulfilling agreed upon due dates.
* This position will communicate effectively with clients on questions raised on key engagement projects progress.
* This position will contribute to business development by leading client acquisition funnel activities and new ideas for marketing / sales
POSITION CRITICAL TO QUALITY + SUCCESS (CTQ+S): TECHNICAL BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* BS degreeEngineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degreepreferred but not required
* Prior experience living and working in Asia in areas similar to Dongguan, China
* 10+ years of increasing responsibility in Lean deployment leadership experience, preferably in a consulting leadership capacity
* Prior experience as a practice leader from a consulting company
POSITION CRITICAL TO QUALITY + SUCCESS (CTQ+S): SKILL/ABILITY BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
* Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
* Strong analytical skills and process focus
* Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
* Ability to provide coaching and development for technical consultants in identifying leads
* C-level communications skills.
* Experience working in emerging countries (in Asia is a plus) and the cultural nuances that exist