Lean Director 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Director will lead the development and execution of Select Comfort s lean strategy, driving a culture and capability of continuous improvement. This critical role will partner with organizational leaders to develop and deliver continuous improvement strategies, coordinate and facilitate Kaizen events, design, develop and implement training, as well as coach the organization on lean methodologies and thinking. This position will work in close partnership with functional leaders on efforts toward attaining critical productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement goals.
* Serve as Lean champion at the corporate level supporting all functions and teams, providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching in the implementation of Lean/ Continuous improvement methodologies. Lead Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, 5S, Visual Management, and other Kaizen events and efforts focused on waste reduction and meeting customer, shareholder, and employee needs.
* Using such methodologies as Goal Deployment/ Hoshin Kanri, guide functions through strategic thinking, aligning goals, actions and accountability with the company s strategic imperatives. Drive enterprise level efforts in identifying and eliminating waste.
* Directly manage the Lean Managers at the Manufacturing Plants and influence (and/or indirectly manage) other levels in the organization, ensuring efforts and results are aligned with corporate goals, and total system efficiencies.
* Benchmark best practices in Lean, strategically utilize external resources, and implement the necessary changes to continuously instill incremental improvements.
* Coordinate 3P (Production Preparation Process) actions during the product development process, ensuring customer needs are met in the most efficient manner.
* Coordinate creation and implementation of Kaizen plans, and monitor to assess implementation progress, impact, and sustainability. Ensure all continuous improvement plans promote safety, employee engagement and ownership of lean efforts. Celebrate Success!
* Perform and coordinate study of processes to determine opportunities for waste reduction and improvement. Utilize Six Sigma tools as appropriate.
* Lead in the identification and analysis of relevant SQDC metrics/ KPIs to assist in strategy development as well as tactical actions, including cycle times, takt times, productivity, overtime, quality, inventory, and ergonomics.
* Develop and implement an overall training program on lean methodologies for all impacted employees, with particular emphasis on developing trainers and facilitators for Kaizen events.
* Minimum 10(+) years of experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, and/or complex logistics environment.
* 5-10 years Lean experience, with demonstrated leadership of Lean transformations.
* Focused formal training and working experience with Lean methodologies, continuous improvement and problem-solving tools.
* Demonstrated coordination of significant Kaizen events across multiple functional areas
* Experience in guiding an organization through Goal Deployment and strategy development.
* Demonstrated experience in training program development, and training delivery.
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills / instructor skills; at ease moderating large groups and presenting to Senior Management.
* Ability to interact with all levels of employees and work with cross-functional teams.
* Strong skills in data collection, analysis, and decision-making. Preferred Six Sigma Green Belt or DMAIC process familiarity.
* Strong organization, administrative and attention to detail skills.
* Lean certification, lean business system development/leadership, ISO 9001 are all a plus.
* Memberships in the International Association of Lean Practitioners, Global Lean and Six Sigma Network, and Lean Enterprise Institute membership are all a plus.
* High level of PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite.
* Bachelor degree, ideally in Engineering or Supply chain operations, or other relevant area.
* MBA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).