Lean Lead (Scrum Master)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Lean Lead (Scrum Master)
The mission of the Lean Lead is to help teams adopt and improve Lean/Agile methods and practices to grow high performing teams that become inherently focused on continuous improvement. The Lean Lead is a team member who has a primary responsibility to help the self-organizing, self-managing team achieve its goals. Lean Leads do so by teaching, implementing, and supporting Lean and SAFe principles and practices, and identifying and eliminating impediments and facilitating flow. Lean Leads are not a management position, but rather a servant leader who works with and for the team. The Lean Lead is empowered to help teams challenge their existing environment and remove impediments they face. The Lean Lead is an effective change agent who is both motivating change and making it happen.
* Model the behaviors of a Lean-Agile leader and help teams self-organize using Agile principles and practices to meet their delivery objectives
* Reinforce the principles of Lean and SAFe and team practices of Scrum and Kanban
* Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Standup, Iteration Planning, Team Demo and Iteration Retrospective, as well as the team s participation in SAFe program level meetings such as PI Planning and Inspect and Adapt workshops
* Develop a deep understanding of the process and the people to ensure that they follow Agile methodologies in a dynamic, healthy and sustainable way to meet their delivery goals
* Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team's ability to deliver against their commitments
* Assist the team in continually improving quality of their deliverables
* Identify opportunities to improve team dynamics, enjoyment, and performance in an environment of collaboration and innovation. You believe in finding and solving the root causes of problems.
* Facilitate internal and external communication between Product Owners, RTEs, Managers and Team Members to improve transparency and radiate information
* Support and educate the PO with respect to Backlog Refinement and Backlog Maintenance
* Assist the team in tracking and communicating team progress and metrics
* Passion for Lean and Agile:
* Appreciates the depths of Lean-Agile practices and principles and helps individuals, teams and managers of all levels within the organization appreciate them too.
* Believes in the change we are embarking upon.
* Continuous Leadership:
* Understands the team's place in the organization's goals, serves as a single point of leadership (for the team) and accountability (to stakeholders), builds a "safe container" for the team to work within, grows trust and respect between team and stakeholders, and continuously improves team cohesion.
* Continuous Planning & Execution:
* Keeps focus of team on continuous flow and cadence.
* Manages daily meetings in front of the boards.
* Ensures that the team becomes increasingly capable of meeting their own established commitments, ensures everything remains visible, manages metrics, monitors/manages team velocity/throughout.
* Engages with stakeholders to ensure the backlog is consistently seeded with work to deliver.
* Continuous Improvement:
* Works with the team to mature and identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities, and improve self-organization.
* Draws the team s attention to performance breakdowns, facilitates team improvements in the right areas, and helps the team learn emerging practices from outside itself.
* Change Agent:
* Adept at facilitation, coaching, conflict management, meditation, and more, to help the team become a high-performance team.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* 2 years experience being directly involved in executing, leading, managing software development projects
* Scrum Master, Kanban, or SAFe certifications
* Experience with Lean Practices and SAFe
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.