Lean Manufacturing/Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
Las Vegas, NV
GES IS CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR A LEAN MANUFACTURING/PROCESS ENGINEER IN OPERATIONS FOR OUR LAS VEGAS, NV LOCATION. THE LEAN MANUFACTURING/PROCESS ENGINEER IS A HIGHLY VISIBLE POSITION WITHIN THE LEADERSHIP TEAM. REPORTING TO THE COO, THE PURPOSE OF THE LEAN MANUFACTURING/PROCESS ENGINEER POSITION IS TO DRIVE THE ADVANCEMENT OF OPERATIONAL PROCESSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO EXHIBITION & EVENT CUSTOMERS (ORGANIZERS AND EXHIBITORS). YOUR PRIMARY FOCUS WILL BE ON PLANNING, DEVELOPING AND IMPLEMENTING QUALITY AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PRACTICES THAT DELIVER IMPROVED SERVICE, LOWER COSTS, IMPROVED QUALITY, AND ENSURING RELIABILITY/CONSISTENCY, WITH SCALABILITY TO OTHER NORTH AMERICAN MARKETS.
Role, Responsibilities, and Skill Mastery:
The successful candidate will provide hands-on process improvements using a combination of Engineering and Lean skill sets. Using a strong Lean Manufacturing focus towards optimizing labor resources and systems, flow creation, and waste reduction, this hands-on role will lead the tactical efforts towards the achievement of the strategic plan objectives.
* Execute priority projects as outlined by the Business. As priorities are completed, aid in the identification of new projects to add to the pipeline.
* Analyzes existing processes, procedures, and methods to ensure and promote effective business and systems operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other possible methods.
* Performs evaluations and experiments, and collects data to support changes in products/process.
* Writes experience reports detailing experimental design, results, and conclusions, and presents them to appropriate departments and management for review and comments.
* Design and develop processes to optimize efficient process flow, reduce process or product variability and costs, improve process capability, and improve employee safety.
* Plan, lead, and oversee the activities related to the analysis, design, implementation, execution, and operational management of the projects.
* Develop Key Performance Indicators and business process which will support sustaining improvements into the future.
* Ensure that process techniques are in alignment with the corporate goals and quality policy.
Project focus areas center on three work-streams.
* Warehouse: inventory management, fabrication, and foot print optimization.
* Onsite: delivery and setup of products & services at convention/event venues.
* Process: internal business process.
The following tools/skills will be utilized across the workstreams:
* Standard Work implementation and training
* Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation improvements
* Value Stream Management and support
* Problem Solving - to include root cause analysis and preventive action implementation
* Assisting/Facilitating Lean (Kaizen) events
* Visual Management Systems
* 5S and sustainment
* Waste Reduction
* Optimizing Inventory Control and Distribution
* SIPOC diagramming
* DMAIC approach
* Bachelor s Degree in engineering or related field
* Minimum 3 years Quality experience of applying problem-solving methodology in work environment
* Lean and/or Six Sigma trained (Green Belt minimum)
* Proficient at using problem-solving (Lean Six Sigma) tools (see skill mastery section)
* Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, internet research)
* Strong math/computational skills (analytical problem solving)
* Professional communicator/presenter
* Highly organized, detail oriented, and accurate
* Self-starter with ability to work autonomously and within team structures
* Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate other personnel including when no direct reporting relationship exists
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.