Learning Advisor 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
This position is responsible for working directly with the business unit(s) that he/she is assigned to in order to understand the client's business and determine the learning needs to support the business strategy as well as creating a customized curriculum for each job code across the business unit that he/she supports.
This position will work with the business to create the learning strategy and roadmap to support the specific business outcomes (to be determined by the business). In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring a consistent methodology and training approach and work with the business to help support this new philosophy.
Once defined, he/she will work with the Instructional Design/Facilitator/Leadership team to help prioritize resources and map out the calendar. He/she will work with the specific groups to create the complete learning experience including being responsible for developing the communication plan, business appropriate examples, simulations, role plays, etc. and ensuring that the content/delivery vehicle matches the business needs.
Once the training is ready to be implemented, they will work with the business to define a learning transfer strategy and communication plan. He/she will also need to work with the Operations Team to ensure the training is being implemented into Talent Track appropriately based on the respective job codes.
The Learning Advisor will ensure all performance support initiatives are deployed and guides/tools are available for managers if needed. If needed they will need to help provide and facilitate coaching support highlighting the success
of top performers.
They will be responsible for reporting out on the learning transfer milestones and working with the Ops team to track the business metrics.
Overall the Learning Advisor will need to be the eyes and ears of the business and work closely with the Learning Team to ensure the content and delivery is applicable for the business.
In addition, the Learning Advisor will also be required to collaborate with his/her peers to ensure best practices are shared, priorities are discussed and feedback is used to improve performance across the teams.
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution; nature and scope of responsibility; risk and financial management; strategic vs. tactical vs. delivery orientation.
* The Learning Advisor will be responsible for understanding the client's business needs to work with the learning team to develop a training plan to address needs.
* The training implemented will be designed to increase sales, improve collaboration, increase salesforce productivity and help acquire new clients
Innovation and Change (i.e. improvements to procedures, services, or products, as well as development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products)
* The Learning Advisor will be the trailblazers of innovation and driving training adoption.
* He/she will be required to be ambassadors for training and help to champion the efforts including playing a key role in communicating the training plan and the key behaviors trainined
* With the learning team dispersed across the country including other members of the learning consultant team, this team will need to develop new techniques for improve collaboration to ensure everyone is aware of the projects being worked on
Internal accountability for hiring, coaching, training, conducting performance review, determining pay actions)
* This role will be required to work directly with the business unit they are supporting to conduct needs assessments and identify performance gaps
* He/she will also work with the leadership team within the business unit to promote development tools to help support individual development plans within the organization
Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months))
* This position is responsible for defining, creating and managing the execution of the learning strategy to support the business unit that they have been assigned
* They will need to create the strategy, define the expected business results, work with the Learning Team to prioritize the training needed throughout the year to ensure the business needs are met
KPIs- Key Performance Indicators
* The KPIs will be defined when the training roadmap/strategy is created. Example could include increase revenue of existing accounts, improve collaboration of the SAL team, improved margin rates, etc.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE EQUIVALENT (minimum requirements)
* Bachelor degree required
* Project Management
* Proven application of advanced adult learning theories and instructional design principles - demonstrate curriculum development skills
* Ability to build strong relationships
* Strategic insight - develop a strategic vision with clear learning objectives
* Excellent communication skills
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
_Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law._