Lease and Affordable Program Administration Manager 8/27/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Lease and Affordable Program Administration Manager
If you believe in providing apartment seekers with the perfect place to call home, then keep reading. We need a Lease and Affordable Program Administration Manager with Affordable Housing/Tax Credit Property experience and knowledge of New York State's rent stabilization laws and the DHCR rent registration process.
REPORTS TO: Director of Lease and Affordable Program Administration
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Manhattan, NY
SUMMARY: The Lease and Affordable Program Administration Manager is responsible for following established guidelines to determine applicant compliance for the Affordable Housing Program. This is a high touch customer service role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Directly oversees the application process and supporting staff for the Affordable Housing compliance and leasing process
* Maintains required records and communication following established guidelines
* Produces a variety of communication templates and standard operating procedures
* Works closely with IT to develop and test customized system applications
* Develops and implements leasing/sales plans for the Affordable Housing Program
* Provides Director with weekly reporting
* Assists Director with semi-annual reporting to HDC
* Additional duties may be assigned by your Supervisor
* Bachelor's degreepreferred
* LIHTC Certification with 5-7 years related experience, middle income experience preferred
* Knowledge of NYS real property laws, Rent Stabilization requirements and Fair Housing laws
* Experience with annual NYS DHCR rent registration filings and amendments
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Knowledge of industry softwaresystems, MRI softwarepreferred
* Able to multi-task under high pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Superior time management and organizational skills
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Work is typically performed in an office setting or within the residential property and usually during normal business hours. The need to work outside of normal business hours may arise and is to foster and maintain customer relationships and handle emergencies.