Lease and Property Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Lease and Property Administrator
This position will be accountable for a portfolio of approximately 375 domestic restaurants. Responsibilities will include the administration of building and ground leases and corresponding franchise agreements related to the restaurants. This individual will be engaged with landlords and tenants/franchisees.
This position also works closely with Operations, Legal, Finance and Development Departments. This individual will negotiate renewal terms for both franchise and lease agreements as well as serve as key point of contact for resolving day-to-day property management issues and processing payment of operating expense invoices related to leases.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Resolving day to day property management issues working with franchisees and landlords.
* Pro-active landlord/tenant communication and assisting with landlord/tenant negotiations
* Administering the renewals of franchise agreements, tenant leases, and subleases
* Coordinating and overseeing property improvement projects
* Review of CAM reconciliations and addressing all CAM matters with landlords & tenants
* Assisting the accounting department with tenant/subtenant collections that may occur
* Working with property service vendors
* Working under the direction of the Executive Director of Franchise Administration and the Company s principals to execute the Company s management strategy and growth initiatives
* Working with Company s business team and legal counsel to secure franchise and lease extensions, renewals, re-franchises and termination agreements.
* Compilation of information regarding imminent domain matters in order to submit to legal department for review and negotiation of documents.
Specific Qualifications and Experience:
* College degree required. CPM, CSM, or Paralegal certificate preferred.
* Minimum 4 years business experience in property management/lease management role, preferably in-house with a franchisor or large franchisee organization
* Experience in reviewing leases, contracts and related legal documentation
* General knowledge of franchise systems, franchise law, business/contract law, and real estate/lease transactions
* Proficiency MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency in PeopleSoft accounting system and/or Salesforce a plus.
* Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrated organizational skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated letter writing and document drafting experience
* Problem-solving capabilities
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
* Disability Coverage
* Coverage for Domestic Partner
* Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
* 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
* Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
Who are we*
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world s leading restaurant company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities we serve.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DineEquity strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. DineEquity reserves the right to add, modify, or rescind the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of job positions at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and does not change the at-will employment relationship existing between DineEquity and its employees.
DineEquity recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. DineEquity may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Send This Job to a Friend