Forest City Enterprises - Parma, OH
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Performs functions related to the leasing of the apartment community. Responsible for functions related to maintaining a high and stable occupancy of the property.
Essential Job Functions
1. Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. (30%)
2. Completes applicant screening process and prepares appropriate correspondence based upon the result. (10%)
3. Prepares leases and related leasing addendums. Maintains lease records and files. Maintains property waiting list and other updates to various records and reports in accordance with policy and procedures, applicable affordable housing programs and HUD/Agency regulations. (10%)
4. Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management software for leasing data. (10%)
5. Ensures apartments are ready for occupancy by inspecting, placing move-in products and last minute touches when necessary. Distributes keys, move-in package, safety video and other appropriate paperwork at time of lease signing. (10%)
6. Maintains current knowledge of marketing and leasing techniques. Strives to attain affirmative marketing goals. Seeks out new residents through outreach, direct marketing, cold calling, distributing literature and contacting government, social, religious and community organizations in selected target areas. Maintains current knowledge of apartments, building amenities and local agencies or attractions of interest to residents. (10%)
7. Maintains awareness of current rental rates and promotions of competitive properties. (10%)
8. Maintains a working knowledge of company policies, applicable local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, affordable housing programs, and other applicable policies and procedures to ensure compliance. (10%)
Internal contacts include General/Sr. Property/Property Manager and Leasing Manager to obtain and exchange information, Corporate Office Departments to respond to inquiries. External contacts include prospective residents and resident to obtain and exchange information.
No direct financial responsibility
A high school diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience is required.
In addition to the education outlined above, 1-2 years of leasing or sales experience.
Working knowledge of fair housing laws, affordable housing programs.
Must possess good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); One-Site experience preferred.
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
Associates are expected to come to work punctually every scheduled work day, presenting a professional and positive Company image in keeping with the objectives of the Company and the residents and/or tenants welfare. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, functions, and/or responsibilities of this position. Other related functions and responsibilities may be assigned by the immediate supervisor as required to complete assignments or initiatives. Forest City Enterprises reserves the right to change, add, delete or modify job functions as necessary based on business necessity. The Company or associate, independently, has the right to terminate employment at any time for any reason; employment is at will. This job description does not promise or guarantee continued employment with Forest City Enterprises.