Leasing Diesel Technician (Req #16-321) 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LEASING DIESEL TECHNICIAN
REQUISITION #: 16-321
LOCATION: 9400 NE Vancouver Way, Portland, OR 97211
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership based in Portland, OR is a growing company with over 1,100 employees in 24 locations in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
We are a member of Volvo/Mack Leasing and NationaLease. We have a full-time opportunity for a Leasing Diesel Technician at our Wilsonville, OR location. In this position, you play an essential role in enabling us to deliver on our customer commitment which is to gain customer loyalty by providing exceptional service.
We are committed to your success at TEC - we offer in-house advanced-training opportunities (TEC is the only dealership in the US to provide in-house Volvo and Mack certification).
* Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests to troubleshoot issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
* Identify worn and damaged parts (all parts to include major components such as engines and transmissions), repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
* Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Maintain safe and organized work area; keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
* Minimum 2 years practical experience in commercial class 8 truck repair field
* Proficient in the repair and diagnosis of: diesel engines; power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, and drive shafts; electrical systems, HVAC systems, hydraulic systems, steering systems, and brakes
* Proficient in use of all tools of trade
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job (job requires frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.)
* Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Valid driver s license
* CDL A or B
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More About TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits and current job opportunities by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..