This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Forest City Realty Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Directs the day-to-day activities of the leasing staff and performs functions related to the leasing of 8 Spruce St or 80 DeKalb Ave. This position is normally associated with a highly complex property with multiple units and/or buildings. Responsible for functions related to maintaining a high and stable occupancy of the property.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads and manages leasing associates on a direct basis. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, holds accountable, implements corrective action and terminates leasing associates. Recommends pay changes and status changes. Practices fair and professional conduct with associates in accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of the VP of Residential Development and guidance of the Human Resources Department. (10%)
2. Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. (20%)
3. Completes applicant screening process and prepares appropriate correspondence based upon the result. (10%)
4. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to leasing management and ensures that all leasing associates are familiar with and understand them. (1%)
5. Prepares leases and related leasing addendums. Maintains lease records and files. Maintains property waiting list and other updates to various records and reports in accordance with policy and procedures, applicable affordable housing programs and HUD/Agency regulations. (5%)
6. Ensures accuracy of leasing data entered into the property software by all leasing associates. Reviews move-in files to ensure completion of assembly and accuracy. Processes and inspects weekly occupancy reports and ensures that all traffic data is entered. Reviews and critiques weekly call source recordings. Works with Leasing Consultants to increase effectiveness of techniques as needed. Prepares an analysis of call source for property management. (10%)
7. Ensures that the leasing office, models and target apartments are in a presentable condition. Ensures that all leasing personnel meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model apartments and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. (10%)
8. Ensures apartments are ready for occupancy by inspecting, placing move-in products and last minute touches when necessary. Distributes other appropriate paperwork at time of lease signing. (10%)
9. Maintains current knowledge of marketing and leasing techniques. Strives to attain affirmative marketing goals. Seeks out new residents through outreach, direct marketing, cold calling, distributing literature and contacting government, social, religious and community organizations in selected target areas. Maintains current knowledge of apartments, building amenities and local agencies or attractions of interest to residents. (10%)
10. Maintains a working knowledge of company policies, applicable local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, affordable housing programs, and other applicable policies and procedures. Ensures compliance of property associates. (10%)
11. Weekly reporting to ownership on all aspects of current leasing efforts and renewal efforts, including but not limited to financial reporting and status on all targeted goals. (10%)
Internal contacts include General/Sr. Property/Property Manager to obtain and exchange information, and direct associates to advise, consult and counsel, Corporate Office Departments to respond to inquiries. External contacts include prospective residents and resident to obtain and exchange information.
No direct financial responsibility
Provides ongoing work assignments for associates
Provides on-the-job training to associates; monitors progress
Schedules work hours for associates
Coaches associates for performance improvement
Conducts performance reviews for associates
A bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in property management or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required. Depending on property needs, may require valid driver s license.
In addition to the education outlined above, 1-2 years of supervisory experience and 2-4 years of sales or leasing experience is required.
Working knowledge of fair housing laws, affordable housing programs, and proven property management performance.
Must possess good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); One-Site experience preferred.
Forest City Realty Trust is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vets.