Leasing (Swing shift) Service Foreman (Req #16-309)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
La Mirada, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLA MIRADA: SWINGSHIFT SERVICE FOREMAN
LOCATION: 14780 Firestone Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership is a growing company with over 1,150 employees in 24 locations in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
We are looking for a Swing-shift Service Foreman for our La Mirada, CA Leasing Service department. The person in this role will work with the Leasing Service Manager to assist and support Technicians and will also help ensure effective scheduling of repairs to maximize work efficiency and quality of work performed.
In addition to providing support to the Technician team, Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Check and review work in process and follow-up for completion as scheduled, to exceed customers expectations.
* Conduct independently, and/or help the technicians conduct, thorough inspections and diagnostic tests on our Leased Heavy-duty and Medium-duty fleet, to troubleshoot issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance services; identify worn and damaged parts and repair or replace them as needed; and ensure verification of vehicle performance by scheduling test drives.
* Contain costs by helping ensure smooth flow of mobile repairs, and by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
* Assist Service Advisors in greeting customers, selling service labor, scheduling work in the shop and at customers locations, and writing repair orders.
* Provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a diesel engine service technician & proficiency in all tools of the trade
* Ability to work efficiently and diligently without supervision required; supervisory experience preferred
* Knowledge of warranties, or proven ability to quickly learn processes such as warranty guidelines
* Clear speaking and strong listening skills in English; ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Demonstrated motivation to learn and adapt to quick changesin a fast-paced environment
* Flexibility in schedule including mornings/afternoons/evenings, weekends and holidays * Minimum 18 years of age
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job (job requires frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.), with or without reasonable accommodation
* Valid driver s license required; CDL or ability to achieve CDL within one year of hire preferred but not required
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that may involve driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More About TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.