Lecturer and Curriculum Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
University of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe School of Social Service Administration (SSA) at the University of Chicago seeks to hire a Lecturer and Curriculum Coordinator. This is a full-time, 12-month position that will report to the Deputy Dean for Curriculum. The Lecturer and Curriculum Coordinator at the School of Social Service Administration will:
- teach courses in the master's program at the SSA,
- prospect for, identify, interview and hire lecturers who will be in a union bargaining unit and teach part-time in the School of Social Service administration,
- be involved in the evaluation of part-time lecturers,
- monitor compliance with a union collective bargaining agreement for lecturers once one has been reached,
- work with the Deputy Dean of Curriculum and Program Manager to schedule courses and lecturers,
- arrange training and orientation for part-time lecturers,
- work to provide meaningful involvement of part-time lecturers into the intellectual life of SSA,
- communicate about the SSA A.M. curriculum to various audiences,
- help craft the movement of some educational programming on-line,
- supervise Program of Study Coordinators within the SSA, depending on fit and expertise,
- advise students,
- serve on committees of the School.
The Lecturer and Curriculum Coordinator will:
- possess a history of innovative and effective teaching in an accredited master of social work program;
- have been involved in curriculum issues in a school of social work, such as in developing new courses or serving on curriculum related committees;
- will have five plus years of social work practice experience in a clinical, community or policy setting.
- possess a master's degree in social work from an accredited school.
We prefer to hire someone with one or more of the following:
- Supervisory experience in a unionized setting,
- Training experience,
- Online learning experience, and/or
- Evaluation experience and expertise.
The School of Social Service Administration builds upon a legacy of more than a century of scholarship, education and leadership in social work and social welfare, mixing a distinctive interdisciplinary tradition with applied problem solving to foster innovative solutions to some of society's most pressing social problems. For more information about SSA, please visit our website at: http://www.ssa.uchicago.edu.
Applicants should submit a cover letter that includes fit with SSA, the position and teaching interests, curriculum vita or resum , documentation of teaching excellence (syllabi, course evaluations); and the names of at least two references. The deadline for submission of all required application materials is October 30, 2016.
Please apply online at the Academic Career Opportunities web page at the University of Chicago website using the following link:
https://academiccareers.uchicago.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp . Please search for Posting No. 03092.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination at http://www.uchicago.edu/about/non_discrimination_statement/. Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request.