Lecturer and Director of Retention
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
University of Kentucky
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The College of Education at the University of Kentucky is seeking applicants for a twelve-month, non-tenure track lecturer position for 2016-2017. The position will also serve as the Director of Retention for the college. An academic appointment will be made in the department most appropriate for the successful applicant s credentials. The appointment is for two years with the possibility of renewal and contingent upon funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Application reviews begin August 15, 2016, and continue until the position is filled.
The Director of Retention will be responsible for the following:
Provide leadership in overseeing and improving student retention and recruitment efforts for the college
* Collaborate with the College s Student Success Team members to improve student recruitment, retention, and success across all programs
* Work closely with the Director of Recruitment to collaborate on undergraduate and graduate recruitment efforts
* Work with Living Learning Programs regarding student success and retention efforts
* Assist the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Advising and Student Success, the College Advising Team, and the Senior Associate Dean for Research, Analytics, and Graduate Student Success in providing appropriate services to students who have been identified as needing support services
* Work closely with academic action personnel regarding student retention and success efforts
* Attend weekly advisor meetings and share documentation of student success issues as appropriate
* Maintain regular communication channels for undergraduate and graduate students
* Assist the Student Success Team with organization of K-week activities for the College of Education
Represent the College of Education at the University level
* Serve as the College contact for university retention and student success initiatives
* Implement University retention initiatives at the college level
Provide data and analytics support to the College of Education
* Serve on the College s Undergraduate Recruitment, Retention, and Student Success Committee
* Analyze student, faculty, departmental, and college data for accreditation, administrators, and other constituents as requested
* Assist the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Programs, Accreditation, and Planning in collecting and analyzing data for accreditation and student success
* Assist the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Advising and Student Success and the Senior Associate Dean for Research, Analytics, and Graduate Student Success in collecting and analyzing data as requested
Provide instruction for appropriate undergraduate courses
* Serve as an instructor for UK 101 education-focused sections for education majors
* Serve as an instructor for Living Learning Program connected courses
* Serve as an instructor for appropriate academic unit on an as-needed basis
Minimum qualifications include a masters degree in education-related area and five years of experience in student services (i.e., admissions, recruitment, retention, etc.).
Interested applicants should submit a UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs. Applicants should include, along with the nomination form:
* Cover letter specifying qualifications (upload under Cover Letter)
* Curriculum vitae
* The names and full contact information for three professional references (upload under Specific Request 1)
Questions regarding the position may be directed to search committee co-chairs, Dr. Robert Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Jenna DeMastes at email@example.com. Please note that, to be considered an applicant, an application must be submitted via the UK Jobs site.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, African Americans, and all minorities.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
DOES THIS POSITION HAVE SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES*
Minimum qualifications include an earned masters degree in education-related area and five years of experience in student services, i.e., admissions, recruitment, retention, etc.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus. Any candidate offered this position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.