Legal Assistant - Intellectual Property and Technology Practice 8/24/2016
Global Law Firm
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a global law firm, is currently seeking a Legal Assistant for their Intellectual Property and Technology Practice for their New York location.
Assists Intellectual Property & Technology ("IP&T") practice area attorneys with IP due diligence related to corporate transactions.
* Conducts searches to identify intellectual property ("IP") owned by entities in a corporate transaction and gaps in chain of title and other issues and information relating to an IP portfolio.
* Conducts searches to confirm accuracy of IP schedules.
* Conducts searches to determine if liens are recorded against IP in a corporate transaction.
* Conduct searches and analysis to determine information relevant to a patent portfolio in a corporate transaction (e.g., expiration dates and members of a patent family).
* Creates and revises schedules of IP owned by entities in a corporate transaction.
* Records liens and other agreements in the United States Copyright Office and United States Patent and Trademark Office.
* Coordinates recordation of liens and other agreements in foreign IP offices.
* Organizes and manages IP&T Transactions files in accordance with Department-approved protocols.
* Conducts research using various research tools.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
* Manages Firm resources responsibly.
* Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
* Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
* Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Thomson CompuMark Saegis, Wolters Kluwer Corsearch, MarkMonitor and LexisNexis TotalPatent
* Understanding of Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Domain Names
* Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
* Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to organize and prioritize work
* Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Demonstrates close attention to detail
* Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
* Flexibility to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEREQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 10years of related Intellectual Property-related transactions legal assistantexperience.
Compensation 85k-95k plus all Benefits