Legal Billing Coordinator 8/24/2016
The Forum Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the preparation, review, and submission of firm invoices including manual and electronic billings. Maintain billing files and keep up to date billing arrangements and instructions. Assists billing Partners with the administration of unbilled inventory.
Reports to Billing Manager. Interacts and communicates in a professional manner withattorneys, paralegals and finance team members, secretarial staff and clients.
* Generate, sort, and disseminate billing proformas (pre-bills) to billing partners and attorneys.
* Prepare and process monthly and transactional client billings in draft and final form (manual and electronic) using the billing system. Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner.
* Process modifications/adjustments to transactions identified on proformas (pre-bills).
* Respond to and resolve billing inquiries from attorneys, secretarial staff and management team.
* Assist with monthly distribution of Billing Information and other WIP and AR reports.
* Maintain accurate billing rates and arrangements, billing addresses and billing status.
* Maintain and update special instructions related to billing attorneys' needs in generating their bills and to client billing guidelines.
* Maintain client billing files and keep filing current.
* Work closely with Accounts Receivable and Collections staff to provide Clients, Attorneys and assistants with up-to-date and accurate billing information. Field Inquiries relating to WIP and A/R.
* Monitor status of billing, i.e., what has been returned for drafting and finalizing and be proactive in ensuring that assigned billing attorneys submit their billing on a timely basis.
* Assist with the billing systemmonth-end balancing and closing.
* Assist with new matter intake and maintenance of master files in the billing system.
* Special projects and assignments as requested.
EDUCATION: Associate college degree or higher with a concentration in accounting,
business, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of billing experience in a law firm environment.
TECHNOLOGICAL SKILLS: Prior experience with Elite Enterprise, Aderant Expert or equivalent billing software, Web-based electronic billing experience, proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.