Legal Counsel, Commercial Transactions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLegal Counsel, Commercial Transactions
We are more than lawyers protecting Equinix s interests. We are valued business partners, known as responsive, consistent and proactive. We take customer service seriously and strive for excellence in our execution.
Equinix s dynamic growth trajectory keeps us on our toes and constantly learning. Our strong relationships with our internal clients, fueled by our solution-driven orientation and creative yet practical advice, bring us to the table early and often and lead to interesting and rewarding work directly in support of Equinix s strategy.
Our global legal team may span 4 continents, but we are ONE LEGAL - a true team working together across borders in support of our shared strategic objectives. We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments both professional and personal, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in along the way. We look forward to coming to work each day to support Equinix and each other and highly value the team first culture we have created. We are proud that our collective efforts led to EQUINIX ONE LEGAL being named as one of the Top Innovative Law Departments in North America by Financial Times (FT, December 2015).
The ONE LEGAL team at Equinix is seeking an Associate Legal Counsel, Commercial Transactions to support Equinix s Americas customer contracts team which supports the direct and channel sales teams as well as other sales support organizations in drafting and negotiating agreements for Equinix s global data centers and colocation and interconnection business.
* Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex customer contracts to ensure contracts properly protect Equinix and are approved for the sales department;
* Oversee development of and approvals for potential solutions to customer contractual demands or requests, working with and coordinating activities between various departments (e.g., sales, finance, tax departments), to ensure deals generate the optimal outcome for all Equinix stakeholders;
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating professional service or channel agreements, a plus;
* Partner with the sales and commercial managers to develop strategies for customer requirements based upon in-depth business and risk analysis
* Provide legal advice related to customer contracts
* Identify when customer contracts, negotiations, and interactions do not comply with Equinix policies, processes, and procedures and escalate to appropriate party so they may address non-compliance
* Educate sales and commercial team members on legal review processes and procedures, legal documents, applicable laws and negotiation strategies to improve sales win rates, sales process effectiveness, and efficiency;
* Prioritize work, based on deal size and complexity, to generate the most sales and profit for the company;
* Complete customer contract administrative tasks, including but not limited to early contract termination, novations, price increases, renewals, amendments, customer rights, to ensure changes are properly documented;
* Any other customer contract related issues as may arise or be assigned by the Sr. Director, Commercial Transactions.
* Experience negotiating contracts in areas of law similar to those set forth above.
* Willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities among a large number of individuals in various departments around the globe.
* Ability to navigate a competing workflow, set appropriate priorities with clients, and deliver results within agreed timelines.
* Ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems, including making determinations regarding risks and benefits.
* Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the Company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
* At least 3 to 4 years prior contracting experience, with a demonstrated increasing responsibility.
* Must possess a great sense of humor.
* Experience working in a culturally diverse and global company.
* Experience advising sales, marketing, or product development organizations.
* Ability to manage and serve a wide range of client groups within the Company by recognizing and responding quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
* Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
* Team player with a customer service focus and the ability to relate to employees with a wide variety of personalities and functional expertise.