Legal Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLegal Data AnalystJob ID #:
Worcester, MAFunctional Area:
Business Analyst SBU:
85100 - Risk Management ClaimsPosition Type:
Full - Time Education Required:
Bachelors DegreeExperience Required:
3 - 5 Years Relocation Provided:
Job DescriptionWhere Great People Build Successful Careers.The Hanover is seeking a Legal Data Analyst to join our growing team in our Worcester, MA office.Position summary:
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the execution of the data and reporting strategy for the support of key performance metrics related to our outside counsel governance program. This includes the creation and maintenance of analytical tools that can be leveraged by the claims department to support decision making.Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
* Execution of processes necessary to prepare data and deliver monthly reports in a timely fashion
* Develop internal data expertise with ability to provide solutions to complex business questions
* Collaboration with claims, finance, legal and leadership teams to ensure consistency and accuracy of reports
* Gather and analyze requirements on new reporting initiatives
* Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests as necessary
* Demonstrate initiative through recommending and implementing process improvements that further the long-term data and analytics strategy of the business unit.
* Perform liaison function between department and technology teams in the development of the MIS strategies and other long-term initiatives.Position Requirements- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant technical field- 2 - 6 years of relevant work experience- Law firm experience or litigated claims experience- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Seeks to improve processes and reports to facilitate better decision making.- Expert user of Microsoft Excel; including PowerPivot and integrating disparate data sources.- Excellent communication skills; ability to present to executive leadership; Intermediate user of PowerPoint- Must be self-motivated and organized and comfortable working with senior leaders- Understanding of legal billing processes and e-bill platforms is preferred but not required- Pro-active, inquisitive attitude; seeks to improve processes and reports to facilitate better decision making.Recognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes,The Hanover is proud to be among the top property and casualty insurers in the United States. The Hanover offers a collaborative environment where you'll gain new experiences and grow your career. The Hanover offers comprehensive benefits to help you stay healthy, build financial security, and maintain work/life balance. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.EEO statement:
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.'The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed 'Employment Agency Agreement' already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management. .