Legal Entity Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID:
LEGAL ENTITY CONTROLLER
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Financial Accounting is within the CFO division area of Shared Services. We have experienced staff in all major international locations to support and collaborate with our stakeholders.
Our vision is to be recognized as a best-in-class financial accounting organization in the financial services industry, renowned for the value and high quality of our information, advice, services and people.
Accuracy and Transparency: Meeting regulatory and financial reporting requirements stipulated by the Bank and external bodies accurately and on time
Accountability and Control: Delivering independent financial control and playing an influential role in the Bank's overall governance process.
Information and Advice: Providing valued, high quality information and advice to support the business in decision-making.
Developing the Organization: Comprised of a high quality, motivated and diverse team.
Optimizing the Use of the Bank s Resources: Deriving efficiency through our long term view for organization, processes and systems.
* Work in the financial accounting department for Credit Suisse Holdings (Americas) Inc. which is the parent company of all significant US entities
* Focus on preparation of disclosures and reporting of significant financial data to the global consolidation team in Zurich
* Represent department in new business initiatives with close collaboration with front office and other support areas
* Contribute to the preparation of detailed monthly analytics with commentary, for communication to management
* Prepare and review financial information under both US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) Reporting
* Be given the unique opportunity to learn in detail about various products and processes in the Investment Bank, including SLB/Repos, Guarantees and Commitments, and Trading inventory
* Have the chance to work with various teams in a truly global environment, including Product Control, Operations, Tax, IT, Auditors and Front Office
* Assist in review, implementation, and testing of the firm's Financial System Initiative projects to improve data quality and efficiency throughout the bank
* Be control-oriented and have an ability to effectively interface with both internal and external auditors as required
* BA or higher in Accounting or Finance
* CPA preferred with 1-3 years of experience in accounting function
* Auditing experience in a recognized firm will be preferred
* Solid analytic and problem solving skills
* Solid written and verbal communication skills, including ability to comfortably present to senior management
* Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization including senior management within Financial Accounting
* Ability to show initiative with a solid desire to learn, and to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines
* Ability to work in a team and independently
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Peoplesoft and Essbase knowledge is preferable
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.