This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Jackson Lewis P.C.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Jackson Lewis P.C. is a nationwide law firm dedicated to representing management exclusively in workplace law and related litigation. With 57+ offices and almost 800 attorneys, Jackson Lewis is seeking a Legal Secretary for the Detroit Office. This position involves working with multiple attorneys, providing a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings and documents; calendar maintenance for assigned attorneys; filing and electronic transcription.
The successful candidate types at least 65+ wpm accurately, is a very organized, multi-tasking, detail-oriented team player possessing at least 3 years recent legal secretarial experience (including electronic filing).
• Engaged in the work of the attorney by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects.
• Provide support to up to three attorneys in employment litigation, immigration, affirmative action or other related matters and backup support as needed.
• Answer phones and communicates with clients on a daily basis.
• Act as liaison between internal departments and outside agencies.
• Prepare/revise correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments.
• Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential, time-sensitive material.
• Run conflict checks and open new client engagements as requested.
• Maintain calendars, CLE, reports and time records.
• Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation, make changes to reservations as needed.
• Maintain docketing for attorneys.
• Transcribe electronic dictation and schedule depositions.
• Handle various office and client filing; proofreading documents.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
• Between two and five years recent secretarial experience (litigation, immigration, affirmative action) within a law firm.
• Typing 65+ wpm.
• Familiarity with state and federal rules and procedures a plus, along with law firm billing software.
• Must have a solid understanding of technical legal terminology as well as court filings.
• Experienced with trial preparation and briefs.
• Punctual with excellent attendance.
• Proficient with generating Tables of Authorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills.
• Ability to multi-task, and timely respond to deadlines as well as balance workload.
• Knowledge of Office Suite, 2010 a plus, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in cooperative, small office environment and communicate with attorneys and support staff on every level.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 4 year college degree preferred.
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity (M/F/V/D) employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional BenefitsACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
TRAVEL AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE
WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY PROGRAM
UNITED CARE 24 - EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
PERSONAL TIME OFF
VOLUNTARY LIFE INSURANCE/SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE
PRE-TAX TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
VOLUNTARY SHORT-TERM DISABILITY PROGRAM
VOLUNTARY LONG-TERM DISABILITY PROGRAM