Lender, VP - Melville, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join a winning team! Signature Bank has been ranked among the Top 10 on Forbes\' list of Best Banks in America for six consecutive years!
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services.
The Bank operates Signature Financial, LLC, a specialty finance subsidiary focused on equipment finance and leasing, transportation financing and taxi medallion financing. Investment, brokerage, asset management and insurance products and services are offered through the Bank s subsidiary, Signature Securities Group Corporation, a licensed broker-dealer, investment adviser and member FINRA/SIPC.
Lender, VP Upper Middle Market Lending Melville, Long Island
In this position you will participate in syndicated bank deals and assist the Private Client Groups in the development of personal and business loans for middle market clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Meet with prospects and clients to discuss credit needs
* Analyze applicant s financial status, credit, and security evaluation to determine feasibility of loan request
* Review middle and upper middle market credit requests within assigned authority and prepare underwriting analysis and credit offering memo
* Manage a portfolio of C&I loans, including large corporate deals, syndicated loans and contractor loans; monitor the credit quality of the loans, as well as performance of each credit
* Work with Private Client Groups to grow their business
* Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate, and in compliance with policy and approval
* Assist with regulatory audits; pull and prep credit information for review
* High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance or related field highly preferred
* Minimum 3 years of commercial lending experience at a leading money center bank or equivalent institution required
* Formal Credit Training highly desired
* Experience with bank to bank deals; participating agent in syndicated deals
* Demonstrated experience with financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and financial ratios
* Strong knowledge of commercial lending with understanding of federal banking regulations and commercial lending policies, procedures, practices, and techniques
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail
* Excellent critical thinking skills; able to think of alternatives best suited for the bank
* Superb interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain relationships. Must possess high ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact and diplomacy
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
Signature Bank offers a competitive compensation (with BONUS ELIGIBILITY) and an excellent benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, gym reimbursement and a wellness program.
Service is our cornerstone!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer