Level 3 Support Specialist I
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position provides the highest level of technical support for Software House security software and hardware products. This level of support is designed to handle lower-volume, time-consuming technical support which generally requires broad technical knowledge and specialization in one or more technologies (network, database, application/web server, hardware). The ability to learn and support an enterprise-level, mission-critical, full-featured suite of products is essential.
* Manage case load (full escalations and requests for assistance)
* Product Integration specific focus.
* Set up environments to reproduce issues and test potential workarounds
* Log product defects for submittal to Engineering
* Develop and conduct training to internal Support staff.
* Mentor L1 and L2 Support Technicians
* Write and review technical documents (Knowledge, Support Plans, Technical Advisory Bulletins) for internal and public use
* Participate in cross-functional and L3 team projects
* Leverage opportunities for continuing education
* 10-15% travel
BS in Computer Science or a 4-year degree in another discipline in addition to technical certifications is preferred.
A minimum of 3 -5 years in a senior technical support role is required. Senior L2 Technical Support candidates with exceptional technical and customer service experience will be strongly considered.
* Exceptional customer service skills (soft skills)
* Ability to be persuasive/assertive while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Solid skills in producing a clear, accurate, and concise problem statement, in gathering/analyzing data, and in recording high-quality and sufficiently detailed case notes
* Experience with database (SQL Server) backup/restore, creating VMs, installing operating systems and software a strong plus
* Solid troubleshooting skills and proficiency in using related tools and technologies
* Familiarity with SQL, XML, XSLT, IIS, VMWare, Hyper-V, .NET, WireShark or similar technologies
* CCNA or Network certification preferred
* MCSE (Data Platform, Business Intelligence, Server Infrastructure, and Communication) or equivalent certification preferred.
* Experience with video, readers, panels, keypads, CCTV and other access control hardware.