This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Liability Adjuster in the Claims Department, ideally Living in and servicing the Columbus Branch Claims Territory, you will:
* Exercise independent discretion or judgment in handling of personal lines and commercial auto claims involving questionable or clear liability issues.
* Handle simple property damage and litigation claims, limited to small claims court
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Customer service skills
* Ability to handle stressful situations and work under pressure
* Analytical skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Decision-making skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Negotiation skills
* Communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Ability to handle large volume of work
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* One year claims adjusting experience, preferably with casualty claims, or equivalent educational experience, required.
* Position requires incumbents to serve on Catastrophe Team, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks.
* Appropriate license as required by state.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.