Liaison Librarian - Education
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Liaison Librarian in the following subject areas: Education
Liaison / Outreach Role & Responsibilities
* Serve as the Library s expert on the needs of the faculty and students in designated programs.
* Collect information and data both anecdotal and statistical to identify points in programs that would benefit from library instruction or intervention.
* Maintain knowledge of the evolving content of the curriculum, goals, and expected outcomes.
* Identify first courses or early courses where students need to develop information literacy skills and final or large scale research projects where students need advanced research skills.
* Identify, establish, and maintain contact (outreach) with the key stakeholders in the academic programs, academic centers, and course development.
* Identify opportunities for library content to be updated, created, and integrated into courses and programs. (course maintenance and development)
* Networking and awareness of program structure, benchmarking with appropriate institutions and understanding program expectations.
* Develop an annual review schedule of programs to identify upgrades, outdated materials and new opportunities to support students and faculty.
* Review course scope and sequence documents and identify problems and/or needs for instruction development.
* Provide literature review consultations, and support for doctoral students.
* Complete faculty and staff research support on request.
* Develop internal training related to assigned programs and subject areas for staff librarians.
Instruction Role & Responsibilities
* All Liaison Librarians must be trained and involved in production of instructional pieces including assignment guides, quick answers, library labs, tutorials, videos, etc.
* Liaisons will work more specifically within their programs to develop and deliver instruction.
* Liaisons will staff in-person and virtual Residencies and develop instructional and informational materials to improve Residency-based Library experience for students and faculty.
Reference Role & Responsibilities
* All Liaison Librarians will staff the reference desk.
* ALA accredited master's degree.
* Experience searching the major academic databases.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Subject knowledge related to Education programs bachelors through doctoral.
* Expert-level research ability in online databases.
* Experience teaching information literacy skills including the use of online databases.
* Experience in an online academic library serving students at a distance.
* Experience supporting doctoral level information literacy outcomes.
* This position can be done either virtually or from our office in Minneapolis, MN
* This is a salaried, 30 hour per week, associate librarian position with full benefits.
* Regular hours are Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
* Travel may be required up to four times per year.
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.