Principal Program Manager, License Advisory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4823 Principal Program Manager, License Advisory (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Principal Program Manager, License Advisory
The License Compliance Program Senior Manager (LCSM) position is predicated on the principle that customer adherence to license agreements is pivotal to the long-term profitability of Citrix. Citrix License Advisory Services is thriving in the domestic market and will soon begin to review customer compliance on a global scale. The LCSM has the potential to recover assets in the tens of millions of dollars annually. Non-compliance is theft of Citrix’s intellectual property, and in order to recover those liabilities, there must be a highly capable management team in place to ensure success. As the scope of this program expands to larger, international enterprises, we must protect our investment through experienced management and strategic decision making consistent with company objectives.
The LCSM will be one of the most critical components of the team, overseeing the management of software license compliance reviews. This individual will direct internal teams, third-party contractors, as well as work closely with some of Citrix’s most important customers. The LCSM will ensure the reviews are conducted with the quality of care and respect that customers expect from Citrix, as well as meet necessary review volume quotas. The LCSM must walk the fine line of recovering lost revenue while simultaneously preserving long-term customer relationships in a manner which pays tribute to the established, professional culture of Citrix.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Direct and build a high value, results oriented team and assist in the overall growth of the program
- Coordinate with internal departments (Sales, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance, etc), customers, and third-party vendors to determine if the Citrix customer is in compliance with its agreement with Citrix
- Determine customers to target for review through collaboration with the Sales Dept. This involves providing guidance, recommendations, and oversight to determine which customers may be at risk of non-compliance
- Train new License Compliance Managers (LCM’s) during onboarding to ensure growth of the CLAS program
- Provide thought leadership on future global License Compliance campaigns, as well as provide a leadership role on the largest and most complicated reviews
- Innovate compliance solutions and for ensuring the resolution in a firm consistent customer friendly manner eliminating negative impacts to Citrix business
- Serve as the Compliance Champion / Evangelizer for the Americas GEO
- Interpret complex and unique license agreements
- Diplomatic handling of escalated customer queries
- Leverage internal analytics to discover customers that represent a high risk of non-compliance
- Negotiate contracts and settlements in conjunction with Legal and Sales
- Availability as needed during quarter closures
- Process documentation and improvement
- Report monthly including pipeline and individual engagement status, next steps and potential strategies to multiple stakeholders
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Comprehend and interpret complex licensing issues with specific experience of software license agreements
- Provide quality assurance oversight to LCM’s during license reviews, including the review of third party Effective License Position summary reports
- Address liabilities and the needs of stakeholders
- Negotiate comfortably in emotionally charged situations with potentially adversarial individuals
- Develop a deep understanding of the Citrix culture, products, technical intricacies, and license entitlement reviews
- Translate technical vocabulary and data findings into easy-to-comprehend language
- Exceptional organizational and project management experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or Finance required. Masters or post-graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in software license compliance or a comparable compliance field.
- Large customer contract negotiation experience and/or legal experience.
- General understanding of Intellectual Property law, and the ability to develop a deep knowledge of the legal implications of over deployed or misused software, in terms of both contract and Intellectual Property law.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills, as well as obsessive attention to detail
- General understanding of how software is deployed and managed within enterprise IT environments. Must be able to develop a solid grasp of how Citrix software is deployed and measured.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and an ability to work with and understand software inventory and license entitlement data.
Project Mgmt (Client Services)
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.