Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor-Project Assert-Menino Pavilion-Rotate Day, Evening, Night, Weekends-Per Diem (SEIU)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OPPORTUNITY
LICENSED ALCOHOL AND DRUG COUNSELOR-PROJECT ASSERT-MENINO PAVILION-ROTATE DAY, EVENING, NIGHT, WEEKENDS-PER DIEM (SEIU)
JOB ID 2715410 DATE POSTED 08/02/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Project Assert is an Emergency Department based Health Promotion Program dedicated to providing access to preventative services such as the early detection, brief intervention and referral of Boston Medical Center Emergency Department patients with alcohol and other drug related health problems to treatment. The person in this position will serve as a member of Project Assert that provides counseling and advocacy services to patients with alcohol and other drug related health problems. Identifies needs and provides referrals to appropriate services. Collaborates with nursing and physician staff on an ongoing basis as to patient's condition, follow-up needs and relevant information.
* Associates degree in human services, psychology or related field or an equivalent combination of education plus experience required. Bachelors degree preferred.
* Licensed alcohol drug Counselor (LADC)
* Two or more years experience in substance abuse and health education outreach in an urban setting.
* Requires knowledge and experience in appropriately matching patients with alcohol, drug and other issues with culturally appropriate resources.
* Ability to effectively speak, read, and write English. Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
* Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to instill confidence and to advocate for patients and their family.
* Ability to communicate effectively the importance of primary care and preventive services and document services provided; to understand and explain available resources and programs, to deal tactfully with others and to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships with persons from varied backgrounds.
* Demonstrated technical competency using hospital computer systems such as Microsoft Office, IDX, SDK and IBEX.